Temple Pain
I'm a 51 year old male.  I have been experiencing right temple pain since early November. It started as slight sharp pinches, it has now progressed to a dull ache most of the day and night.  I have not lost any weight and I had a CT scan done last April for a sinus infection that showed nothing. Anyone have any thoughts.  Current meds, linsopril and crestor.
How are you? Aside from the headache, what other symptoms are present? If there is no recent history of injury or trauma, this could be due to primary headaches such as migraine or tension headaches. Migraine headaches may cause throbbing pain on one side of the head, often beginning around the eye and temple before spreading to the back of the head. While tension headaches present with dull, band like pain. These types of headache usually responds well with rest, medication and avoidance of possible triggers. If it persists, you may need to have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. A more recent imaging study may also be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thank you doctor. The pain sometimes radiates to behind my ear towards the back of my head.  No other symptoms persist, no blurry vision, no weight loss or vomiting. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow for her opinion.   Todd