Migraines & Headaches Community
Tension between brows

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Tension between brows

I am otherwise absolutely healthy 24 years old unmarried female. In recent, I have been geting lot of temsion between my eyebrows, just in the center bottom of my forehead. It happens anytime - I mean it doesn't seem to be an effect of temperature or time. It happens and causes lot uneasiness...am hardly able concentrate then. At times, its accompanied by nausea feel but that's only when it remains for longer time. Normally, I try concentrating on something else, or pinching myself hard between the eyebrows to deviate from the uneasy feel. This thing may last for almost hours together. Please recommend what do I do about this.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Would you be able to elaborate when you say "tension"?

Is pain involved here?

Do you use any eyeglasses?

Keep us posted for your answers.
Hi Venessa, the tension I mean out here is kind of uneasiness...it's kind of similar to when you hold any object between your eyes and stare at it for long. It cannot be really called as pain...just too much agitation. No, I don't wear either glasses or lenses. I have a perfect vision.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Ok , now have you ever had a complete assessment of your vision done? You mentioned no error in refraction but I think an objective evaluation from an eye doctor will be able to ascertain this. Another thing is,do you read a lot, spend a lot of time in front of the computer, been under a lot of stress lately?

Try relaxing few minutes each day.If this "tension" comes you may want to stop what you are doing and deviate your attention into something else like maybe take a short walk, read magazines or just rest your eyes.

Are there any other associated symptoms like vomiting, dizziness?

Keep us posted.
Computers is something unavoidable, am a software professional:-). Apart it, whenever this occurs, I get a kinda pukish feeling. In fact alot, but don't really vomit out. Yes, I have already got a complete eye check-up done; the doc recommended that it could be due to some posture fault. But I do take due care while sleeping and doing the rountine activities to eliminate out the postural issue.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi Rinky,

Your symptoms although discomforting may not need urgent assessment.Since your job entails staring at the computer for a long time, symptoms like this may be unavoidable. A computer screen may produce a glare that may lead to an eye strain or eye fatigue. Give yourself a set of time each hour or every two hours that will give your eyes some rest.Looking at a distant object, putting a cool compress over the eyes , placing slices of cucumber over the eyes at the end of the day may help. A large chair with a good back rest that supports both head and neck may benefit you.
I have dealt with this issue for a while myself.  I work in software support and am behind a computer most of the time myself.  I have suffered from migraines for many years.  Postural issues can be a big issue with sitting at a computer.  Your head leans a little forward staring at the screen, neck muscles and shoulder muscles become weak and very stiff making it very difficult to keep your head above your shoulders in proper alignment.  I have gotten some tips from physical therapy about neck exercises and proper posture and overall strength conditioning for back and neck.  It has become very helpful.  Anything that you can do to keep proper neck curvature to keep pressure off nerves that can cause headaches helps.  Nerves that extend from the top of the cervical spine actually come out up the back and top of the head to the front of the forehead.  Posture is very important while sitting.  10 times more pressure is on your spine while sitting than any other position.  Take time to look away from the computer every hour or so, gently stretch the neck and the rest of the shoulder and back muscles from time to time.  Definitely work on ergonomics at work.  It made a world of difference for me.  Anymore questions just ask.  Hope that helps some.  
Even I had been toiling with migraine from some time now. But then I don't see these two issues related anyhow. Your recommendations did help, infact didn't face the problem since quite some time now. Seems a little change in the routine should help.
Thanks:)