Migraines & Headaches Community
Tension pain in back of the Head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Tension pain in back of the Head

My fiance have been mentioning about the tension pain in the back of his head[where the neck and head meets] for years and for the last 2 weeks the pain is getting worse. He described the pain as if someone is gripping and squeezing the particular part of the head. He gets tired very easily and have no appetite. He also mentioned about deep aches throughout his body. I would like to know if anyone can help me. Shell I convince him to see a doctor or a neuro-surgen? Please help

Sunny
Avatar n tn
You should consult with a neurologist immediately. What he has is most probably migraine but other causes causing these symptoms like neuralgias need to be ruled out. You should discuss with your neurologist whether low dose antidepressants or short course of steroids would help . Try some OTC painkillers till you can schedule an appointment with the neurologist. Drink plenty of liquids and avoind stress precipitating factors including strong light/ loud noise. Try yoga and breathing exercises . Try to abstain from alcohol and smoking.
Avatar n tn
It seems to me that most probably this is tension headache due to which he is not able to sleep well, and has aches and pains and loss of appetite. Try OTC painkillers but if the headache continues to persist please get his blood pressure checked and schedule an appointment with a neurologist.
Hi, He may be having vascular headache either migraine or tension headache, as it is since years it can also be related to his work, does he smoke regularly or consume alcohol daily. How about his blood pressure and is he under physical or mental stress. He can take OTC pain killers along with Alprozolam at night time. It is advisable to consult a neurophysician for through evaluation.