Terrible headaches
Im 14 and i am currently taking gymnasincs. im about 5ft and 97 pounds. i have been taking for almost 6 years now and the problem started just a few months ago. its like every time i bend over, sit up, spin around ect. or do any type of movement that involves moving my head causes massive headaches. i have had miagrains before and this is way worse, but they seem to be the worst while at gymnastics. ill run and do my "tricks" and i will have a throbbing pain in the back of my head and it usually takes about 8 to 10 mins before the pain goes away. then once i go again the pain is back. i have had times where i sat down and cried it hurt so bad. but my question is how do i stop it? do i need to see a doctor? i have been fasting on only water since christmas so im plenty hydrated. i also take 2 advils every week before gymnastics and it doesnt seem like it helps at all. my mother is a nurse and she says i need more iron but i dont know? please help!

Thanks, Malia.
Hi Malia,
How are you? Exertion headache presents with pain during or following physical exertion such as running, jumping, or even during your routine in gymnastics. Majority of this is related to migraine or cluster headaches. However, if it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation and to rule out organic diseases such as aneurysms, tumors, or blood vessel malformation. At this point, avoid doing physical exertions that may trigger another headache attack and discuss this with your parents also. Take care and do keep us posted.
i waited about a week then went back to gymnastics, and it still hurts just as bad. im planning on trying out for cheerleading at my school but tumbling hurts, yelling hurts, everything i do hurts my head. i dont know what it is!
Thanks for the update. If the pain persists, I recommend that you have this checked by your doctor or be referred to a neurologist for proper diagnosis. Try to avoid any physical activity that may lead to these symptoms. Imaging studies such as CT scan or MRI may also be indicated to rule out any organic issues of the brain. Talk to your parents about this so they  can bring you to a doctor. Take care always and hoping to hear about your doctor's consultation.