The headaches will not stop
I'm a 50 year old female and have been living with chronic headaches and migraines for almost 20 years.  I've seen every type of doctor possible and even consented to a cervical fusion in an effort to stop the pain.  It didn't stop the headaches and I've tried every medication, homeopathic remedy, chiropractic therapy, physical therapy, and even accupuncture.   Triptans and NSAIDS all cause rebound headaches - and I don't have to take much for it to happen.  The pain is mainly left, behind my eye (feels like my eyeball is falling out), travels down my left shoulder to behind my left shoulder blade and left flank as well as my left arm.  I'm now trying verapamil again, though I notice no difference as yet (it's only been a week) and following up with a new neuro next week.  I don't want to live like this anymore.  I don't understand how I can have this massive problem with all these muscles involved and no scans, MRIs, or doctors can tell me what causes it!
How are you? How was your consult with your new neurologist? What tests were done in the past already? I'm sorry to hear what you have been through for the last 20 years. If the diagnosis is not clear despite the imaging studies, further evaluation and referral to other specialists may need to be done.  Primary headache such as cluster headache and other migraine variants may need to be ruled out also. Take care and do keep us posted.