Throbbing Pain in Base of Skull
For the last two months now I've had a throbbing pain on the right base of my skull, right by the occipital bone. It's always there. The only time I seem to forget about it, is when I'm at work (I'm a hairdresser). Sometimes it hurts really bad, to the point where I feel like I should go to the ER. I went to the doctor for it and all he had to say was "Well, I don't know what to tell you about your headaches". I suggested a CAT scan, and he told me to make an appointment for one. It ***** that I have to tell doc how to do his job. Anyhow, I'm 26, relatively active, eat healthy. I thought the pain might be tension, but muscle relaxers (Robaxin) didn't do much for me either.
Welcome to the forum!
Since you are a hair dresser you would need to keep you head bent or tilted at an angle during the job. This can cause throbbing pain at the base of skull. Either a chiropractor can help you or you would need to consult a neurologist. There is a chance of  pressure on the cervical spinal nerves.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!