Aa
A
A
Close
421455 tn?1254079705
Throbbing Pain in Base of Skull
For the last two months now I've had a throbbing pain on the right base of my skull, right by the occipital bone. It's always there. The only time I seem to forget about it, is when I'm at work (I'm a hairdresser). Sometimes it hurts really bad, to the point where I feel like I should go to the ER. I went to the doctor for it and all he had to say was "Well, I don't know what to tell you about your headaches". I suggested a CAT scan, and he told me to make an appointment for one. It ***** that I have to tell doc how to do his job. Anyhow, I'm 26, relatively active, eat healthy. I thought the pain might be tension, but muscle relaxers (Robaxin) didn't do much for me either.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
351246 tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the forum!
Since you are a hair dresser you would need to keep you head bent or tilted at an angle during the job. This can cause throbbing pain at the base of skull. Either a chiropractor can help you or you would need to consult a neurologist. There is a chance of  pressure on the cervical spinal nerves.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources