Migraines & Headaches Community
Topamax while pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Topamax while pregnant

I am currently 9 and 1/2 weeks pregnant and I take Topamax for my migraines. I have a doctor appointment with my gyno for the baby coming up. I have been doing some research on the Topamax to walk into the office with knowledge on the medication and side effects on the baby. But I cannot find any information on the effects of Topamax on the unborn baby in humans, just in animals. My neurologist doesn't think that it will harm the baby but I am skeptical. Whenever I explained this to my gyno over the ohone she told me that she will take me off the Topamax. I have missed a dose once and got really sick in the stomach, dizzy and could barely function. So, is the Topamax going to harm the unborn baby if I continue to take it while pregnant?
Hello, I'm curious to find out what happened to you while taking Topamax while pregnant. My neurologist prescribed his medication to me and I'm trying to wean my daughter off bm and I was concerned if I become preg again in the future how this medicine could effect my baby. what was your experience?