Migraines & Headaches Community
Topamax while pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Topamax while pregnant

I am currently 9 and 1/2 weeks pregnant and I take Topamax for my migraines. I have a doctor appointment with my gyno for the baby coming up. I have been doing some research on the Topamax to walk into the office with knowledge on the medication and side effects on the baby. But I cannot find any information on the effects of Topamax on the unborn baby in humans, just in animals. My neurologist doesn't think that it will harm the baby but I am skeptical. Whenever I explained this to my gyno over the ohone she told me that she will take me off the Topamax. I have missed a dose once and got really sick in the stomach, dizzy and could barely function. So, is the Topamax going to harm the unborn baby if I continue to take it while pregnant?