Topomax for migraines and mood disorder
I recently started having back of the head throbbing  headaches which my neurologist believes are migraines and prescribed Topomax also for moods.    I am a little nervous in taking this drug because of all those side effects I have read.   I will start at 25mg. which is the lowest dosage.  Is it possible to get side effects even from the lowest dose?   I don't get the headaches everyday.  I also have started taking Remeron 15mg. for anxiety and depression.   Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
hi,please relax,side effects are minimal at this dose,even upto 100mg daily dose the incidence of side effects is less.

Bye and take care!

It is ok to take the medication on prescription by a certified neurologist.

The side effects are seen in only some individuals and are usually not seen at such low doses.

In any case, read about the side effects and keep a look out and inform your doctor if you notice anything abnormal.

It would be advisable to follow up with your doctor regularly.

Let us know how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Regards.