Migraines & Headaches Community
Tramadol and moderate to severe headaches focused on the right side.

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

For about the last week, I have been having constant pains behind my right brow, leading to moderate to severe headaches on one particular area of my brain.
I have never had this problem before. The only thing that I have done differently lately was taking Tramadol due to an on-the-job injury at work where I pinched a nerve in the lower right of my back just above my tailbone.
The pain has remained consistently on the right side of my head for the last week. I have been taking Tramadol since 12/13.
As a result of these headaches, I have had blurred or hazy vision as if the blood flow to my brain is being cut.
I do have high blood pressure and this is becoming quite a concern for me.
Has anyone else had any problems like this taking Tramadol and should I seek medical help?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? How is your blood pressure reading? Tramadol side effects may indeed include dizziness or spinning sensation; constipation, upset stomach; drowsiness, anxiety and headache. Also, some antihypertensive medications may also cause headache. If the pain persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation and to rule out other possible cause. Additional diagnostic tests may also be done. Take care and do keep us posted.