Trazodone Nightmare!
I recently started taking Trazodone, and I sleep for about 5 hours. Upon awakening I have a headache, feel dizzy, lightheaded and disoriented, which is followed about an hour later by an escalation in the headache into what I can only describe as an intense migraine. The pain seems to come from behind the eyes, inside of the ears and back of the brain.
How do I get rid of this headache as fast as possible? It is seriously painful, PLEASE help!
Thank you
I also recently started taking Trazodone it helps me to sleep well, but I have also had all of the same problems you have described. I am 69 and have many health problems so I have been in the hospital checking for stroke or anurziums or blocks in the arteries. Of course they gave me Trazdone in the hospital. With all of the many test I had they found no reason for this tremendous headache. They are treating me for pain. But I still have the headache, lost of appitite and in general feeling really bad.
Have you checked your blood pressure?  

These are side effects of trazadone from their website:

feeling light-headed, fainting;

fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms; or

chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling; or

problems with urination.

Less serious trazodone side effects may be more likely to occur, such as:

dizziness or drowsiness;

headache;

sleep problems (insomnia);

dry mouth, stuffy nose;

nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;

diarrhea or constipation;

muscle pain;

loss of coordination; or

blurred vision.

Call your doctor or pharmacist and tell him you are having trouble with the medication.  

I've been taking trazadone for 2 weeks. 25mg at bedtime.  I wake up with a migraine that lasts all day! I'm no longer taking it as of today.  I took seraquel 50mg for 1 year and never had these excruciating headaches.  
I have been on Trazodone for several years and I have a constant horrible headacge.  I was off of it for about 3 months and did not have a headache. I am going to ask my doctor for something else for sleep.