Trazodone Nightmare!
I recently started taking Trazodone, and I sleep for about 5 hours. Upon awakening I have a headache, feel dizzy, lightheaded and disoriented, which is followed about an hour later by an escalation in the headache into what I can only describe as an intense migraine. The pain seems to come from behind the eyes, inside of the ears and back of the brain.
How do I get rid of this headache as fast as possible? It is seriously painful, PLEASE help!
Thank you
I also recently started taking Trazodone it helps me to sleep well, but I have also had all of the same problems you have described. I am 69 and have many health problems so I have been in the hospital checking for stroke or anurziums or blocks in the arteries. Of course they gave me Trazdone in the hospital. With all of the many test I had they found no reason for this tremendous headache. They are treating me for pain. But I still have the headache, lost of appitite and in general feeling really bad.
Have you checked your blood pressure?  

These are side effects of trazadone from their website:

feeling light-headed, fainting;

fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms; or

chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling; or

problems with urination.

Less serious trazodone side effects may be more likely to occur, such as:

dizziness or drowsiness;

headache;

sleep problems (insomnia);

dry mouth, stuffy nose;

nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;

diarrhea or constipation;

muscle pain;

loss of coordination; or

blurred vision.

Call your doctor or pharmacist and tell him you are having trouble with the medication.  

I've been taking trazadone for 2 weeks. 25mg at bedtime.  I wake up with a migraine that lasts all day! I'm no longer taking it as of today.  I took seraquel 50mg for 1 year and never had these excruciating headaches.  
I have been on Trazodone for several years and I have a constant horrible headacge.  I was off of it for about 3 months and did not have a headache. I am going to ask my doctor for something else for sleep.  
I took 25 mg. Of Trazadone for the first time last night. Woke up after 5 hrs of sleep with a horrible headache.  I got up and took Advil and drank a cold coffee drink and  layed back down with an ice pack. About an hour later I felt much better but have had a slight headache all day.  
I read the comments above and was shocked that anyone who has had this side effect continued on the med so long.  I  was a pharmaceutical  rep and  would advice to contact your Dr. to report side effects.  They will work you through solutions or change the med.  If they don't listen to your concerns, find a new Dr.
Tonight I will break down the pill in half and try that.  If that does not cause me a headache, I will
Stay on that does several days before trying  25 mg. again.  but if the headaches continue, I will discontinue use.  There are other meds used for insomnia.  Hopefully I can get to a point where natural methods will work.
I'll update in a couple of weeks and let you know how  lowering the does goes.  
Lastly, if you find yourself waking up after trazadone with a headache and stumble across this posting.  I find taking Advil and drinking caffeine really helps or taking an Excedrin migraine.  Get s couple of gel ice packs from your pharmacy, so when one is no longer cold you can switch them up.  They are very cheep.
If you can find a little travel pillowcase or a baby tshirt. They are perfect for wrapping up the gel pack when using.  
Best wishes to all who suffer!