Vestibular Migraines vs. Meniere's
My doctor originally told me that I had Meniere's Disease.  Yesterday he said that he thinks it may be Vestibular? Migraines.  I have constant ringing and pressure in my ears.  24/7.  A couple of times a day I will feel dizzy although I do not have "attacks" that put me in bed, etc.  No vertigo.  A little nausea from time to time.  My hearing exam came out normal but I've only had symptoms for six months now.  I do suffer from migraines from time to time (for the last 12 years) and have little headaches every day.  The doctor said that I can have symptoms of a migraine without the pain.  After thinking about it later, does this mean that I am having a migraine 24/7?  That seems odd to me.  He wants to put me on Pamelor.  Is that a good drug or is Vivactil better?  Help!
wrote you long response then got deleted b/c of stupid medhelp needing password reset.

Bottom line: had same symptoms and got same differential diagnosis.  I was skeptical too but they put me on Pamelor and after two months got much better on both dizziness, mild background headaches, and occassional severe migraines.  Remember took two months to get any effect and they had to up dose to 25mg 2X/day.  I'm six months in and am doing MUCH better.  I also tried Tompamax but got no benefit even after 2 mos, but lots of side effects.

Thank you for your input.  I've been waiting to hear from someone and your experience has helped me to make a decision and try the Pamelor.  Hopefully I'll have the same response to it as you've had.  :-)