Migraines & Headaches Community
Weather related Migraine

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Weather related Migraine

More of a comment about it today.  Both my wife and I awoke Saturday morning both having painful headaches, but not full blown migraines.  The cause was the weather comming from the Southwest direction.  We slept well and didn't hear the heavy rain outside and later learned that about 50 miles and more to the East of us received nearly 5 inches of rain.  The atmosphere really rung out.

Sunday was a great day for both of us as a high pressure system brought us beautiful weather.

This morning I awoke with a three scale migraine which I had all day.  About 5:30 PM we had a terrific thunderstorm.  As the storm was subsiding my migraine began subsiding greatly.  It was great to not have head pain as it was most of the day.  About 6:00 PM a bolt of lightning that exploded about 1,000 feet or less from our home triggered a head pain in my wife.  It was brief but very tingly.  Again the weather came from the Southwest.  It's interesting, but painful, to observe this trigger between us.  I guess Marriage really is about sharing!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is very interesting and very inspiring, in a way, at the same time to read about your post. Pain is indeed halved when shared with a loved one! Take care and I hope you are both fine. Best regards to your wife.