Migraines & Headaches Community
Wellbutrin and migraines

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Wellbutrin and migraines

The doctors now switched me to a wellbutrin/lithium combo for my bipolar disorder and I am so parinoid about developing migraines from the wellbutrin.  I have already been on the Lithium for a year and it is helping me.  I found, per web searching, that some people get migraines from wellbutrin.  Is that true?  I am so hopeful because I used wellbutrin in my past and it was wonderful for me.  I was at the denial stage of my illness and quit taking it, but now I understand I need my medication to live a normal life.  I was also having terrible headaches then and I have them better under control due to my taking magnesium daily.  Therefore I do not know if it was the wellbutrin aggrivating my headaches or not. I am looking for some reassurance from others that take wellbutrin and if it has any effect on your migraines.  I really want to be successful with this medicaton.  Thank you.
Avatar n tn
I've been taking wellbutrin for a couple of years and have lived with migraines for twenty years.  The wellburtrin hasn't increased the migraine frequency or made the pain worse. What it has done for me was help with the life stresses which was one of my migraine triggers. I still get the headaches a couple times a month as I always have. Menstrual, missing a meal and weather changes are mostly the reasons.

thanks!  So far so good, I have not had any headaches.  I hope it continues like this.  I hate migraines.  The magnesium has cut my migraines down to almost none.  I used to get them all the time.  However, I still get them now and then.  Take care.