Migraines & Headaches Community
Where do migraines come from?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Where do migraines come from?

I've been a migraine sufferer since I was thirteen and started having my period. I'm 21 now and I've noticed for a long time that the older I get, the more severe my migraines are. All of the doctors I've had have given me different opinions and prescribed me different medications but I never truly got the information I needed for why exactly I suffer from these migraine headaches. So what I would like to know is what is it that triggers a migraine? Is it stress? Can it be genetic? I come from a long line of migraine sufferers in my family. Is it possible that I get them just because it runs in my family? Even when I'm calm and not stressed out, I can still get migraines and for some reason I always throw up. Is that normal? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I really need to know why do I suffer from this. I'd also like to know if there's any way I can prevent it from happening if I feel it coming.
The body and brain is telling you that something is wrong with the systems in the body - that is, they are not co-ordinated. Mainly excretory, nervous, digestive, reproductory systems.
These pranayams will fix the body systems(even genetic problems) over time and so the migraine will go away. Be patient allow and allow 16 weeks for the body to get the systems in order.Drink warm water.Avoid cold drinks.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.
Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 15 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom -  Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep breaths into the lungs.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 15 times
After you are better, continue the pranayam once a day to stay healthy.
Come back to report your progress over the next 6 months.