Which medication should I try. Give me your opinion PLEASE!!
New daily persistant headache here, migrain like

Doc says I can pick what to take

Either neurontin, low dose  or Amitriptyline  AKA Elavil  also low dose

I know with the Elavil you have to get a ekg and what not.. I dont want to take any pill that will give me dast heart rate, as this gives me panic attacks.

Off the record, personal opinion, which one would you try.... Just your opinion, its not going to influence me if your thinking I should ask my doctor.

she said its my choice

please answer....

hmmm most medications for migraine have a long list of side effects, but if you are in fairly good health will probably be ok. I found sandomigraine good, but wore of eventually as has all the meds I've tried. Google the different medications and weigh up the pros and cons. Your Dr should be able to try you on the least invasive meds first and explain any side effects to you.
I know I'm late to the game here but have you tried propranol? my son uses it and he's 9 full blown adult migraines he's been on it for a year now and for the most part his are under control. unless his trigers it. one of his main trigers is heat.  we have found that this works better then the elavil. also with elavil if not watched you can become violent or have depression hopes this helps