Why do I keep getting migranes whilst at work?
Dear Dr,

I keep getting really bad migranes whilst at work. I take strong pain killers and drink a lot of water but nothing seems to get rid of them. I work in front of a computer all day and I wear glasses. I have had my eyes tested recently to see if that was the reason for the migranes and the Optician said that it is nothing to do with my eye sight. Please could you let me know if there is anything I can do?
These are most probably stress headaches or tension headaches . Medication isn't the only tension headache relief available: Often simple at-home remedies provide the best stress headache relief. Hot compresses can relax tense neck and shoulder muscles helping to relieve pain. An ice pack wrapped in a towel and applied to the forehead often provides fast stress headache relief. Hot showers and baths also relax tense muscles and relieve stress. If stress headaches are triggered by restless sleep, tension headache relief may be as simple as switching to a different type of pillow. Sleeping in a better position may also relieve stress headaches. Sleep itself is often one of the most successful stress headache treatments, as many people do not get enough rest. Please consult a physician or neurologist for treatment . Please visit the site - http://www.about-headaches.com/articles/tension-headaches/tension-treatment.php for more information . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !