Migraines & Headaches Community
Worried!

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Worried!

I am 28 weeks pregnant and have pain that is at the base of my skull and goes up to top and sides of head and forehead. Pain in neck and head are usually always in the same areas. I feel either pressure and tightness or pressure and pain in head. Neck pain does not bother back of head, for the most part. Just top and sides and forehead. Was involved in a car accident last May where I was t-boned on my side and my head jerked to the right. Neck pain came way before I was pregnant then headaches came when I hit second trimester. Go to chiropractor now, but have been only twice. Extremely worried for this to be something serious.
Do you have any more symptoms?
Are there any triggers for you headaches?
I've noticed some tingling sensations that come and go on top and sides of head and also little pinching sensations-top, sides and forehead areas. Times when my shoulders hurt along with neck and head but that's not very often they hurt. I would usually wake up in the morning with neck and head pain but now headaches come and go all day and at night. I know pregnancy is a big thing for causing headaches but everyday? And in the same areas? I don't notice any triggers that bring them on however.
I don't think it sounds like something serious.
But I have no idea what is causing it though.
It probably gets better once the baby pops out:)
Good luck!
Geez I hope so! Lol. Thank you!
How is your blood pressure? If your BP is elevated, you should see your OB immediately to rule out preeclampsia.
BP seems fine. Last I went to doctors it was 118/81. OB didn't seem concerned-at least she didn't say anything to me about it. Haven't noticed any swelling of hands or feet, just headaches.