Worst headache of my life, but there is more...
Okay, I woke up around 3am this morning with the worst headache I've ever felt in my 42 years of life.  I've had migraines before, but if you can believe it, this was 300% worse!  It began at the base of my skull and from there it felt like someone had their hands on the back of my head and were trying to pop it open like a zit, for lack of better description.  The pain seemed to come in waves, almost like contractions, about 2 minutes apart.  Lying down didn't help, sitting up did nothing...it was just excruciating.  This went on for about 3 hours.  I finally got a bag of frozen peas, wrapped this in a towel and put it at the base of my neck, and took 2 Lortab 7.5 from a recent root canal, laid down and I believe...  passed out.  When I woke this morning I noticed dried blood around one nostril.  Didn't notice this earlier.  What the heck was this?  Other need to know info:  I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 7 years ago and it is under control with Lyrica (been on this for about 2 years now), muscle relaxers when needed, and an anti-inflamatory.  Not taking any new meds, no changes to diet, exercise, environment, nothing.  I seriously have never been so scared in my life.  If I hadn't been alone I would have gotten to an emergency room.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Please see my post in the Aneruysm Forum of this site.  Look for "Cutting it Close on a SAH"  You should be evaluated immediately  by an Emergency Room Doctor.  My post titled above explains why.  It just might save your life since Aneruysms present in the manner you described.  Waste no time, please!  
How are you? I agree with Eddie 1994, have this checked immediately for proper evaluation. Sudden, unbearable headaches are associated with aneurysm and may be treated if discovered early.Double vision, rigid neck and unconsciousness are other symptoms.  Hypertension and congenital problems may be the cause. Take care and do keep us posted.
If you get the aneruysm test done and they come back clean look into neuralgia of a nerve near the area where the pain orginiated. This website has some pretty complicated pictures of the nerves and arteries in the area but it helped me and my gf get on the right track when talking to our doctors. http://www.anatomyatlases.org/atlasofanatomy/plate25/index.shtml
Please describe the pain in as much detail as possible, it may help someone on here help you.
So, I'm seeing a specialist next week.  Thank you everyone for the input and info.  I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about posting symptoms on an internet website but those concerns are totally gone now!  You've all been so concerned and helpful!  I'll be visiting often.  Who knows, maybe one of my experiences with fibro or migraines could help someone else!  Thanks again!!!!!  8-)
How are you? It is great to know that your symptoms are gone! You are right in saying that your experience can help someone else by posting in this forum. Wishing you good health and do keep us posted with your appointment with your doctor. Take care always.