Zanaflex in Migraine Prevention
I have been dealing with chronic migraines for 12 years; they recently became unmanageable after my 3rd seizure last year (dx with partial complex seizures & epilepsy in 2005).   After trying multiple preventative and abortive treatments without much luck, my neurologist has prescribed Zanaflex each evening (starting at low dose) for prevention.

What can you tell me about the effectiveness of this medication in migraines?  As it is a short-acting muscle-relaxant, I realize I will eventually have to increase my dose for efficacy, however, I am curious as to how well it works for migraines, as I am praying that this could be my solution.
Hi!  I was put on Zanaflex for prevention at a low dose but it didn't work.  It does help when I get an acute attack.  When I get a migraine,  I use Migranal nasal spray and 88mg of ibuprofen.  If not better in an hour, then I take 8 mgs of Zanaflex, 50 mgs of Benadryl and 25 mgs of Phenergan if needed.  It knocks me out for awhile, but it usually helps.