alcohol and headaches
I have joined a very big club, I feel. Had two migranes in the last month and am relating them to alcohol. I was finding  I was getting tension headaches (right hand side right at the eye brow) when I drank a diluted 3% mix of premium vodka so I stopped drinking that. Hydration has become a very important factor and am trying to drink at least 2 litres a day. I had success with beer (VB 5%) but now that is causing the headaches. I am getting the headaches after two drinks (lots of hydration in between) in the space of 4 hours. After taking Mersyndol at night I still needed it the next morning. I am now on the quest whether my use of phernergon to promote sleep at night 50mg plus may also be contributing to this. Will today try no alcohol and tonight (luckily Saturday night) no phernergon. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
How are you? Drinking alcoholic drinks usually lead to headaches.Headaches begin from blood vessel vasodilation and ethanol from these alcoholic drinks can be the major cause. It can also become a diuretic leading to the loss of important nutrients and dehydration. Primary headaches such as cluster headache, are commonly triggered by alcohol. These can also be managed with rest, pain medications and avoidance of triggers. And avoiding alcohol intake may prevent the headache recurrences. Take care and regards.