beta blocker for migraine/high blood pressure
In the past my doctor has prescribed beta blockers for my migraines.  At this time, I am not taking any migraine preventive meds.  Yesterday, my cardiologist prescribed a beta blocker- Bystolic- because my blood pressure has gone up in the past few weeks from 118- 150.  Question- will the Bystolic increase my migraines?  Also, if I begin taking the Bystolic will I have to continue taking this for the rest of my life?  thank you, Maureen
hey there,

I just saw my doctor two days ago for severe headaches and migraines and he prescribed me a cardiac beta blocker called Inderol. It works in the blood stream, it lowers blood pressure and is good for migraines too so im told (i just started taking it). Anyways When i went to fill the prescription I asked the pharmacist about the drug to see what their opinion was and she said Inderol was a common blood pressure drug thats probably one of the more safest drugs out there. Thats exactly what she said! So maybe look into that if the drug your takign doesnt work or your worried about it ?