Migraines & Headaches Community
burning on top of head, chronic migraines and auras with or without hea...

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

burning on top of head, chronic migraines and auras with or without headache

I experience daily auras that cause tunnel vision, dizziness and confusion.  I didn't know these were auras 'til my neurologist said that what I was describing was a kind of aura and I was definitely experiencing chronic daily migraines.  I had always thought that auras had to do with flashes of light or something.  I am definitely sensitive to light and sound both.  I also get a burning sensation on the top of my head that varies in intensity but is always there.  I have never vomited from the migraines, but I'm nauseous everyday of my life from these migraines.  So far the things my neurologist has had me try aren't making any difference on the intensity of the migraines and hasn't decreased the number of migraines I experience.  My neurologist tells me that I'm experiencing a lot more migraines than I'm aware of, because I'll experience the auras and the nausea whether or not I'm experiencing the headaches.  Does anyone else have this kind of migraine?  What kinds of things have you been doing that work to decrease the severity and the frequency of these migraines?
Hi, that's terrible, it's too bad you have  to go through this. I get visual disturbances w/or without migraine pain. When I was younger I used to drink a cup of triple strength coffee and I could at least see again. Now if I have to go out or find I'm out and need too; I take a Tylenol Migraine Ultra relief, extra strength, it has 65mg of caffeine in it.  Some foods can be triggers like chocolate or certain types of cheddar, to name a couple. Controlling it (somewhat) through food is all I've found so far. Best of luck  
Thank you for responding to me so quickly.  I know about avoiding certain foods, like cheese, chocolate and citrus.  Those things bother me in other ways anyway.  I don't eat any packaged prepared foods whatsoever.  Preservatives are known to trigger migraines and the preservatives bother my digestive tract, too.  I can't handle Tylenol.  

My neurologist is going to be disappointed that what we've been trying still isn't working.  But, if this were easy I wouldn't need to see a neurlogist for this.
Yea I've read some of your other comments and you do sound ultra cafeful around what you eat and drink. Are you able to include any daily exercise, and fresh air?
Gee you're sensitive to Tylenol too?
Please do let me know how you are and what your neurologist and you do next.
It will be several weeks before I see the neurologist the next time, so it will be quite a while before I learn what the next step to take will be.
If you don't mind my asking why can't you handle Tylenol?
Can you do anything to help your body to feel some comfort while putting up with the migraine? Are you able to keep in touch with any people who could offer support and maybe do a few things like dust or an errand? A hug?
A lot of times I try to take the focus of me and my problems, which does help to some degree, even if the migraines are just as bad as they usually are.

Tylenol causes some strange tingling in the sinus area and it makes the dizziness and nausea worse.  My neurologist asked me the same thing.

This evening I had to go to urgent care, because the home therapy just wasn't working.  But, I had an unusual event this morning.  I was still in bed and started waking up to this really awful chemical smell.  I knew I had to look for the source of the odor.  It was strongest in the bathroom and was obviously coming from the bathroom vent from someone else's apartment.  I suspect the neighbor below me was doing something out of the ordinary.  I had to call my manager to have her investigate this sickening sweet chemical smell that was coming so strong in my bathroom.  Thankfully, she did respond immediately and could understand why I was complaining when she smelled it for herself.  She thought it was hair dye or something like that.  Maybe it was a hair straightener?  Whatever it was it caused my eyes to sting and made me very nauseous.  I did leave the apartment to get fresh air as quickly as I could, but the migraine was so bad from this chemical exposure that I still needed a little more than the usual treatment for the migraine tonight.  I try not to go in very often for migraines, since I have chronic migraines everyday anyway.  This just happened to be more intense than the usual.  It's back down to it's usual level now, though.  Whew!
Oh that's too bad about the chemical smell...as if you don't have enough on your plate. Well that a good thing you went to urgent care. Good to hear you were able to take that extra step when you needed it.
(((((bump)))))
dinosaur here, is that a symbol, or did you hurt yourself  
I've seen others do the same thing.  I was hoping to see if anyone else had some other ideas with these migraines.  What does dinosaur mean?  LOL
Why don't you try reposting? Hope you some answers.