calcium deposit in leftside of forehead
my daughter in law  age 30 has  headache  for past 10 years . in  M R I scan the Dr told calcium deposit  4.6  INCHES IN THE LEFT SIDE WALL OF THE HEAD AND BETWEEN THE LAYER THAT PRESSING THE BRAIN NOW.  IS THERE ANY MEDICINE TO DISSOLVE THE DEPOSIT . DOCTORS SAYS THAT ONLY REMOVAL OF CALCIUM DEPOSIT BY OPERATION CAN DO. YR ADVICE PLEASE.
Hi there,
Calcium deposits on the brain are usually caused when calcium in the bloodstream is not adequately absorbed by the body resulting in its deposition on the brain. It can cause different symptoms in different people like mild headaches to severe mental disabilities. There are few conditions which can lead to calcium deposits in the brain like toxoplasmosis, meningiomas and aneurysm etc.Treatment depends on the underlying cause. Treatments involves surgical excision, antiinflammatories etc.Consult a neurosurgeon and get all your doubts clarified before opting for surgery. Do keep us posted.
Best of luck and regards!