can a hit on the head cause mirgraines?
I hit my head about weeks ago.  I went to the doctor and got blood done and a CT.  now i get dizzy standing up and see dots and lines before i get dizzy.  when i hit my head everything turned white.  my question is can you get migraines after a hit on the head??
Thanks for writing to the forum!
What you have is probably eye floaters. These floaters in the eye could be a sign of retinal detachment, ophthalmic migraine, a blow or fall on the head or due to some inflammation. Please consult an eye specialist for this. You could be having postural hypotension. The blood pressure falls when you stand and causes all the symptoms that you are suffering. Dehydration, certain medications, heart problems, untreated diabetes, and nervous system disorders can all cause this. Blood pressure monitoring, tilt table test, EKG, heart echo, ambulatory blood pressure recording are all required. The hit on the head could have resulted in cervical nerve compression at upper cervical levels.
Please discuss this with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I Got Punched In Dah Back Of My Head In A Fight And Ever Since Then I've Been Having Migraines..I Haven't Gone To Dah Clinic Yet But I Was Wondering If Getting Punched Cause Me Having Migraines All Dah Time Now & Do I Have To Go To Dah Clinic??????