Migraines & Headaches Community
cervical epidurals and headaches

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

cervical epidurals and headaches

I had a cercvical epidural injection done on Thurs the 8th. I have had a severe headache on my right side since.Is this typical? I have also had some uncontrollable tremors in my left leg when I sit or stand in certain positions. Could you please respond ?
Avatar n tn
Epidural puncture per se does not lead to headaches. However, the headache could be a post spinal headache which is well known to occur after a spinal tap which might occur as a result of dural puncture. Though this usually goes away in a few days, it may persist in case the leak continues. There ways to fix that too and you should consult the treating physician in that case. On the other hand, it is hard to explain the tremors in left leg after the epidural injection. In case of persistent symptoms, kindly go in for a thorough evaluation.  
Chances of infection and localized seizures.
cervical epidural injection can cause headache .

Pl consult your physician without delay.

I did miss type on my message. The infrequent tremors I have been are also on my right leg. Not my left leg as previously posted. Could that be related? My right arm (not so funny bone) and hand/fingers are still tingling and the pain I have is still here (along my spine/shoulder/neck). It has been 7 days from the date of the epidural. Maybe I need to be more patient?! Thanks for the interest and response.