chronic headaches and jaw fatigue when laughing, singing, talking...all day long
25 year old male...I have chronic head aches for a year now...mainly starting in the back of my head, and wraps around to my ears.  This occurs when i do anything strenuous (ie: bending over to do something, working out, laughing, singing).  I have had to stop myself fr  ...  [More]    om laughing because the pressure behind my head gets so tight.  If i continue to do the strenuous activity after i feel pressure, it evolves into a full blown migraine.  Over the past few months it has affected my jaw and ears.  I now in addition to the headaches and tightness in my head have a fatigued jaw and pressure in my ears as well.  My jaw feels as if I have been gnawing on beef jerky for hours, and my ears feel like I am driving through mountains (sensation of popping) as well.  I have been to a neurologist and had a brain scan (negative), physical therapy, chiropractor, massage therapy, dentist and orthodontist.  I have also received a bite plate for grinding and clenching my teeth, which has had no affect on the problems.  Anyone have any idea, or some of the same symptoms?  any information would be greatly appreciated, I have spent so much money trying to find out, and going to different doctors, and all seem to say, its just stress...its very frustrating!  thanks in advance

-Ryan
Hi Ryan,

May I ask...do u have the copies of ur MRI?...and the report?....if so, get a second opinion.

Also, within the past yr have u been involved in a MVA or had a fall?

"selma"
No i dont have a physical copy of the MRI...but I can aquire one I am sure...no fall, or MVA...I forgot to say, i even had my eyes checked...even writing this response, my head is just pulsing with pressure...and my jaw is tight and fatigued right where the jaw line is right below the ear....
Hi, Ryan. I've recently started getting headaches when I talk, and I am going to make an appointment to see a neurologist. Here's one of my theories about this - something called TMJ for problems associated with the temporomandibular joint in your jaw.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tmj-disorders/DS00355
How are you? Aside from TMJ, which is a muscle-contraction type of pain and sometimes associated with jaw pain, another differential is exertion headache which follows physical exertion (running, jumping, or sexual intercourse) or passive exertion (sneezing, coughing, moving one's bowels, etc.). Majority of this conditions is related to migraine or cluster headache. While 10% is caused by organic diseases such as aneurysms, tumors, or blood vessel malformation which was already ruled out by the tests done. Take care and do keep us posted.
i have the same symtomps assiosiated with neck pain shoulder pain & dizziness. the more i talk, the dizziness & back of head are so tight & pain. have you got any solutions?
How are you? This may be associated with inflammation of the blood vessels of the head or bony changes in the structures of the neck. Rest, ice pack, anti-inflammatory drugs and  muscle relaxants may help. If it persists, have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and regards.
Hi Rowena,

i had go to ortheu, neurology, Xray & MRI on my cervical & MRI on my brain & artery as well, only found is mild disc bulges and loss of cervical lordosis in my neck. blood vessel in my neck & head is normal.  but i believe this is related tomy neck. because i sufferred blackout & giddiness before when i look up my neck. but previously in only occasionally. now change to constant dizziness. any suggestions? chiropratic can help to resolve this problems? restore the neck curve can eliminate the problems?
Thanks for the update. It is good that the blood vessels are normal. What management plan was made for the  disc bulges? Cervical spasm may indeed lead to such symptoms and may need   rest,  medication  and physical therapy. However, this can be affected by a variety of factors as well. Complementary and alternative medicine like chiropractic management may also be utilized as long as management is under a licensed chiropractor. Talk to your attending physician about this for proper management and referral. Take care always.
I have been experiencing similar symptoms over the last 4 days (jaw fatigue, headache/ tightness around back of head and ears, nausea). I'm hearing impaired and wear hearing aids and get constant ringing in my ears and morse code popping in my right ear. I've also have my right eye twitching off and on throughout the day.

I haven't been to a doctor yet, but went to an ENT and audiologist about a month ago for the popping clicking sound and tension (neck and shoulder) headaches. Everything came back fine and I was prescribed muscle relaxers.

Now with this jaw/ ear/ headache and nausea I don't know what's going on. Whenever I eat anything that requires chewing I feel like my head and jaw want to explode from overworking. I get a burning/ tightness like the muscles are fatigued. My neck (especially the back of my head) feel tight and tense. I feel like I have to crack the neck.

Anyone have an idea what's causig this?
How are you? You would really benefit from imaging studies like Ct scan or MRI to rule out anatomical or musculoskeletal issues.  It is good that the ENT consult was fine. However, TMJ disorder should also be ruled out especially if there is pain in the jaw when eating. If the medications prescribed ( muscle relaxants and pain relievers ) do not help, check with your doctor for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.
I'm having the exact same symptoms for 8 months now....ruining my life....has anyone gotten an answer yet as to what is causing this? Please respond.