Migraines & Headaches Community
coiling for an aneurysm
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

coiling for an aneurysm

ive just had surgery for a medium sized aneurysm which i had coils put into the aneurysm this was a week and half ago after the surgery i did have bit of headache in dat area but last night id say i was in pain for 3 hours it was very sore round the temple is this normal to experience such pain?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

How are you?
Some degree of pain is common after coiling for an aneurysm but usually patients recover in about a week’s time.
I would suggest you to consult your treating doctor if you have another episode of severe pain as you may need to undergo a CT scan to make sure everything is fine.
Take care!
Blank
I had a coil for an aneurysm in February. I was at Mayo Clinic. They told me up to 3 weeks after rupture I was at risk for vaso spasms. They did ultra sounds every day. I had two surgeries for this and eventually had a shunt put in. I would be concerned if they sent me home before that 3 week period. I am doing great and was very luccky to have the best neuro docs in the world. Good luck! Susan
Blank
I HAD A BRAIN ANEURYSM 11/07, IN WHICH A SHUNT AND COILS WERE INSERTED, LATELY I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING HEADACHES THAT ARE BECOMING MORE FREQUENT, I HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND SLEEP APNEA, RECENTLY I HAD A CATSCAN AND NOW I AM SCHEDULED FOR A MRA, I AM NERVOUS ABOUT HAVING AN MRA DONE WITH THE SHUNT AND COILS IN MY HEAD, I WAS TOLD TITANIUM WAS USED, I KNOW TITANIUM IS ALSO A METAL---WHAT SHALL I DO?
Blank
I have had a burst aneurysm which was coiled in Feb 2005 and then further coiled in June 2005. The coils are platinum and as such are not really metals- as in do not affect x-rays, scans, mri's, mra's. you can even go thru the airport scanners ok- I know because I have done all of this. I have very regular check ups and they have since found 2 more small aneurysms, which does concern me. I have other chronic medical conditions which I believe have impacted on all this. so you should be fine with regard to any tests you need to have- good luck
Blank
I have two aneurysm
Dr.says there small. I went to the doctor. Cause I started to have aloud palusion in my head
so does anyone experience. That?
Blank
I have two aneurysm
Dr.says there small. I went to the doctor. Cause I started to have aloud palusion in my head
so does anyone experience. That?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank