Migraines & Headaches Community
coiling for an aneurysm

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

coiling for an aneurysm

ive just had surgery for a medium sized aneurysm which i had coils put into the aneurysm this was a week and half ago after the surgery i did have bit of headache in dat area but last night id say i was in pain for 3 hours it was very sore round the temple is this normal to experience such pain?

How are you?
Some degree of pain is common after coiling for an aneurysm but usually patients recover in about a week’s time.
I would suggest you to consult your treating doctor if you have another episode of severe pain as you may need to undergo a CT scan to make sure everything is fine.
Take care!
I had a coil for an aneurysm in February. I was at Mayo Clinic. They told me up to 3 weeks after rupture I was at risk for vaso spasms. They did ultra sounds every day. I had two surgeries for this and eventually had a shunt put in. I would be concerned if they sent me home before that 3 week period. I am doing great and was very luccky to have the best neuro docs in the world. Good luck! Susan
I HAD A BRAIN ANEURYSM 11/07, IN WHICH A SHUNT AND COILS WERE INSERTED, LATELY I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING HEADACHES THAT ARE BECOMING MORE FREQUENT, I HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND SLEEP APNEA, RECENTLY I HAD A CATSCAN AND NOW I AM SCHEDULED FOR A MRA, I AM NERVOUS ABOUT HAVING AN MRA DONE WITH THE SHUNT AND COILS IN MY HEAD, I WAS TOLD TITANIUM WAS USED, I KNOW TITANIUM IS ALSO A METAL---WHAT SHALL I DO?
I have had a burst aneurysm which was coiled in Feb 2005 and then further coiled in June 2005. The coils are platinum and as such are not really metals- as in do not affect x-rays, scans, mri's, mra's. you can even go thru the airport scanners ok- I know because I have done all of this. I have very regular check ups and they have since found 2 more small aneurysms, which does concern me. I have other chronic medical conditions which I believe have impacted on all this. so you should be fine with regard to any tests you need to have- good luck
I have two aneurysm
Dr.says there small. I went to the doctor. Cause I started to have aloud palusion in my head
so does anyone experience. That?
I have two aneurysm
so does anyone experience. That?