continual migrane...please help
i am a student and i have had headaches/migranes for over 7 months now daily. somedays they are just dull aches and im okay if there are no big tests at school or gym class participation is needed, but other days i cant even go to school because im so nauseous and dizzy and the pain in my head just pounds. the pain never stays in one place over the course of the day but is usually accompanied by dizzyness or lightheadedness. i went to the doctor last week and he gave me this medicine to take, the side effects just make everything worse, but its not really helping the headaches unless i take OTC medicine with it as well all day. i dont know what else to do to make these migranes go away and its really affecting the way i live and apply myself, i want my life back. Can anyone give me suggestions or advice or anything to help me with this?

thanks in advance :)
Do this pranayam everyday and you will see the benefit in days.Drink warm water and stop cold drinks.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
How are you? Was there previous injury to your head or neck? Some over-the-counter pain medications may cause rebound headaches. Try not to take more than 3 times a week to prevent this from happening. If it has been a few months already, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper management. A CT scan may be indicated to rule out organic causes. Rest, ice packs, prescription medications and relaxation techniques such as mentioned from above post may help. Determination of possible headache triggers will prevent recurrences. Take care and do keep us posted.