Migraines & Headaches Community
cure

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

cure

What's the cure for migraine
Tags: Migraines
sadly, there is no cure, only treatment. There are a wide variety of preventatives that can help stop you from getting a migraine in the first place. There are also many abortives, which help break a migraine once it's begun.

However, there's no cure. At least not yet. Research is still being done to determine the true cause of migraines, although brain chemistry with various hormones and  the dilation/constriction of  blood vessels are leaders in the understanding.

It's very frustrating to be saddled with something that has no cure, but with proper treatment, it can be controlled.

~Dame
Hi there, migraines can be controlled in the long run with medications such as Verapamil 240mg, Imitrex Injections or Pills, Oxygen for 5 minutes. I suffered from cluster headaches and have been in remission for 2 years now and I take one verapamil 240mg each morning for maintenance and it works great. I used oxygen and Imitrex when I had my cycle of headaches, and stay away from a lot of caffeine too, only limit it to small quantities, also see a neurologist every 6 months. I know for a fact that this has worked well for me and have been free of the hellish clusters for some time now. "Good luck, mike in nc
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Migraine headaches may be managed, but not treated with rest, analgesics, ice packs, and muscle relaxants. It is important that you avoid triggers such as certain foods, excessive hunger, changes in altitude, weather, lights, excessive smoking, and emotional stress.  If it persists, have this evaluated further for proper management. Abortive medicines may help prevent the start of a possible migraine attack. Take care and best regards.
To to get relief from headache/migraine naturally, the full pranayam exercises are described below.Do it seriously, regularly  and at the suggested duration, and you can call it a cure or control without medication.
Initially do Anulom Vilom (as much as you can) for the fist few days and then start the full set of pranayam.This works gradually, so allow time (1 week upto 24 weeks) and concentrate fully on the breathing. Avoid cold drinks and drink warm water.

Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.
Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 15 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom -  Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed. Remember to take deep breaths into the lungs.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 15 times

Continue the pranayam once a day to stay healthy.The factors helping are the extra oxygen and the relaxation(reduced stress) you get when doing the breathing exercises.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Complementary and alternative medicine has long been used to manage headaches. Aside from relaxation and breathing exercises, biofeedback or self-hypnosis can also help. Biofeedback uses your mind to control your body to help with a health condition or physical performance. Discuss this with your doctor for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.