facial numbness
I've had numbness in Left side of face and usually left arm. I've had it a couple of times through the past years.  A couple of MRI's to eliminate strokes, ect.  Was told this is a migraine aura, I have no headaches with this, I have the symptoms for days/week at a time. Does anyone else have migraine aura's this length of time? I wonder if they really know what 's going on. It's very worrisome.

D
its a long time for an aura in my opinion although I've had similar left side weakness before during unusual aura events, but never for more than thirty minutes or so.  I'd want them to check the vascular system in your head while you are having one of these events for several days (maybe some type of contrast aided imaging) to rule out probs with your blood vessels.  Also, if you haven't had your arteries in your neck checked for cholestorol blockage, that might be something to do as well although I don't know if that would give you the same symptoms.
Similar problems too.  Now they are saying MS with possible myelitis as well.  Just found out my "normal" brain MRI has many punctate white lesions.  Migraines for months on end with or without medications for over fifteen years.  Will sometimes get relief for a few days from pain when I finally break down to get dilaudid I.V. every few months or so.  But, sometimes that does not keep migraine away.  I do everything that they say to prevent rebound that I know of.  Is there any way to tell if these lesions are probably from Migraine or a vascular problems versus MS or some other degerative disorder?  Tests for lupus and spinal tap and infections negative.  Blot clot tests and cholesterol and other specialty tests okay.  CSF pressure normal.  Blood levels fine.  Docotrs say no sense to test for Lyme disease.  NMG normal.  NCV:  two abnormal and now one normal.  Pain so bad I did not think I could stand it many times.  I feel as if I have lost my life.  I keep trying to move forward and do good and it seems I just keep getting knocked back down.  My family just does not understand as I had always been so healthy and community involved.  Can't blame them as I cannot understand myself.  People have told me that I must have done something really bad to be suffering from this now.  Is this all just Karma?  I do not think so.  There does seem to be a lot of common threads in our postings; so, at least there is validation among ourselves for what that is worth.  Best of luck to you.  I will be praying for everyone in this forum.
Hi.

Was an MRI of the spine done? Were there any other symptoms such as pain?

Migraine attacks can occur without any headaches, and some do last for more than a week, as what happens during atypical migraines.

However, other possible causes of the symptoms should be considered including nerve compression, thyroid disorders, diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, and some infections.

You should closely observe your symptoms and see any worsening would occur. If they do, you should consult a physician to evaluate your symptoms.

Hope this helps.
i have trouble using my all right side of my body with a migraine and passed out and didn/t know who i was is that normal
tazgirl287,

If you ever have NEW and undiagnosed symptoms that include something like you described, specifically:

- A headache with sudden loss of function in one part or all of one side of your body, such as numbness, loss of all feeling, or inability to move (paralysis) part or all of one side of the body (face, arm, and leg).

Then that is an emergency and you need immediate medical attention.

Although what you have described can be a rare symptom of migraines (quite a few people on the forum have odd neurological symptoms that go along with their migraines actually), it can also be a sign of stroke or other medical emergencies. If this is a NEW and undiagnosed symptom, it is extremely important that you get immediate medical attention. Go to a hospital immediately. Call your local emergency number for an ambulance (emergency transport) if you or someone you know cannot transport you to the hospital.