Migraines & Headaches Community
going on 9 days

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

going on 9 days

i have had an ongoing migraine for nine dayws now and would like to know what to do about it
can someone please help me?
Did you get migraines a lot before this or is this novel? Either way, you should contact your doc and let them know that you've had a migraine this long and make an appointment to see them ASAP to try and abort it and make sure that there's nothing physically wrong with you that would be detrimental.

Good luck and keep us posted,

~Dame
Or go to the Emergency Room.  They can give you a shot of something to stop the pain and maybe a script to help at home afterward.  I've had to do this a couple times and was hospitalized for three days from a particularly bad one.  I hope it goes away, migraines suck!
I had a migraine for 6 weeks. I went to ER twice and to several doctors.  The ER will give you something that stops the migraines, but mine kept coming back.  Finally I went to my Pain Mangement doctor and found out it was a pinched nerve in my neck.  Had steroid injections and finally a rhizotomy in my neck and the migraine finally went away.  Go to your doctor and see what they say.
yes i get them all the time but never had one to last this long...i have went tot he er plenty of times for the same reason...
Ok I though my 5 day headache was bad, I certainly would follow up with your doctor.  Maybe a neurologist would help.  Good Luck.  Headaches are not fun.
That's really interesting to me because after the hospitalization I went through (along with spinal tap, etc) I found out (after a long ordeal) that I have herniated discs in my neck and degenerative disc disease.  I go to pain management but I haven't heard of a rhizotomy.  Did that work well for you?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Do you still experience your migraine? At this point, the best thing to do is check with your doctor for proper evaluation. You can go to the ER as suggested but this will only be temporary relief. With migraine headaches, it is important that you identify your possible triggers. There is a headache tracker here in Medhelp that may be of help. Talk to your doctor about the best management plan for you. You can also consider biofeedback therapy. Take care and do keep us posted.  
Yes, the rhizotomy helped a lot on my neck! My migraines went away.  They did steroid injections first to make sure they were in the right spot. Those helped too but not as well as the rhizotomy.  Good luck!