Migraines & Headaches Community
hard knots behind ear and in neck

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

hard knots behind ear and in neck

I woke up a couple of days ago and found two knots on the bone right behind my ear then the following day I found a knot in my hair line about even with top of my ear a little bit in front of the ear then a knot appeared at the bottom of my ear lobe at jaw line and now today there is a knot on the muscle on my neck behind my ear it is painful have to take over the counter meds for pain causes right side of my head to hurt and is causing me to have headaches if anyone could give me some input on what they think this might be and if it is serious and if I need to see a dr please let me know this is worrying me thanks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms present like cough, fever, colds? This could be caused by an inflamed lymph node, myofascial trigger points or sections within the various muscles of the body that have constricted and create pain that is consistent that can be triggered by various factors. Aside from anti inflammatory medications, other modalities like hot or cold packs, ultrasound treatment, electrical stimulation, massage and physical therapy may help. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evalaution. Take care and do keep us posted.