head cramps?
so i've been having cramp-like pains in my head (on the right side, 2 inches above the back of my ear). they are very random and last about 30 seconds i'll go weeks without one or just a day. i don't know what it is but it's worrying everyone around me and it's painful (9.9/10)
What other symptoms are present? Was there a previous history of head trauma or injury? If it is on the 9-10 pain scale range, this warrants further evaluation by your attending physician. This could be due to primary headache such as migraine or tension headache. However, imaging studies may need to be done to help determine the underlying cause and to rule out possible secondary issues. Take care and do keep us posted.
I too have had cramps on the right side of my head, but on the top right also.  I have had childhood injuries, a concussion and a fractured skull in my forehead.  In addition I have had migraines before.  Recently a nurse practitioner informed me that my advanced arthritis in my neck could give me headaches. I am going back to my doctor to get some answers.