Migraines & Headaches Community
head pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

head pain

I have had shooting pain on the right side of my head for the past three days.  Prior to that I had a headache that moved around my head that lasted for four days.  This pain that I have now feels like electrifying pain which shoots on my right side and does not last but a second or two.  I have no other symptoms.  Sometimes it happens frequently like maybe twice in a minute, but can also go away for several minutes to even hours and then comes back.  It has even woke me up during sleep.  I am not a person to get headaches and am generally quite healthy.  I keep thinking it will go away, but am not sure if I should go to the doctors.

This could be migraine attacks.

Take OTC pain relief medications for a few days and see if that helps.

If the symptoms still persist consul your doctor for a probable diagnosis.

Do you have any vision problems or symptoms of sinusitis?

Do keep us posted and let us know if you have any other doubt.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
I have the same problem I am 25 and have had these off and on for the past few years.  Mine is always on the left side of my head in the middle of my skull.  I am now having them more often like 30 - 40 a day.  Some lasting almost 30 seconds.  The pain has started to get really bad.  I will have like 2-4 back to back and then go for hours with out one.  I don't have a runny nose or sinus problems.  I was told by one doc that is could be from nutrition problems.  And I know im not the best at eating healthy, but I can't help but think there is more to this.  The shooting pain has now started to migrate down to my cheek bone at times, this has not happend before. I am considering going to a neurologist.  Has anyone found anything new out with this condition?