Migraines & Headaches Community
headache after tooth extraction

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headache after tooth extraction

My mother is 50, she had a tooth extraction last Wednesday, 5 hours after the event she still do the dishes and other household activities. the next day she has a meeting with the credit group, minutes after, the meeting has an argument and not noticing she raises her blood pressure. when she was brought to the hospital she was referred to the  OPD. The laboratory testing was done all and found nothing is wrong. after we went home with the medications for maintenance, my mother felt horrible headache until now. My question is what could be the possible cause and medication my mother?

Thank you for the response
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your mother? Aside from the headache, what other symptoms are present? Can you elaborate on the character and intensity of the headache?  It is good that the laboratory test results were fine. The headache could be due to primary headaches such as tension headache especially if there was a stressor that contributed to her high blood pressure.  Other possible issues such as medication side effect or secondary causes should also be ruled out. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by her doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.