Migraines & Headaches Community
headache behind left eye

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headache behind left eye

5 wks ago i started getting the mother of all headaches behind my left eye, to the extent that my eye wept and closed up,i couldnt sleep, i couldnt work and it went on for days.....after 4 visits to the doctor and various tablets for nerve end damage the headaches arnt as server.....most mornings i wake up headache free ,around 11.30 every day it starts...above the left eye it goes tender and starts hurting. hour later ive got a headachce above and behind the left eye....i take a few headache tablets that dulls it down and by about 7 to 8 at night the main pain has gone and im left with a pain above left eyebrow that is tender to touch.........my main concern has been the constant 24/7 ringing in my ears.....sometimes before daily headaches start i get......like mild pins and needles in the top left hand side of my head or more like a sensitive scalp !!! all medication has stopped now un ive been monitering everything thats happening daily and this is the best discription i can give......im 48 male and abit concerned....had blood tests.eye tests. and all were ok......thanks mav
Hi, my migraines are behind my eye.  I get the wiggly line thing in my vision that progress to almost blindness if I don't take 3-4 Advil at the first sign..if I wait 5-10 min. after first symptom starts coming on, I'm in trouble.  I live with this daily.  However, the tenderness of the eye does not happen to me.

Since they start at the same time everyday I wonder if it is reaction to something you are eating, drinking or around.  I have read that caffine can trigger migraines.  Perhaps you should take note of what you are eating and drinking daily that could be causing this.  

You may want to reqest your doctor do a CT scan to eliminate other causes..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? It is good that the blood tests and eye exam were fine.  If  there was no previous history of trauma to your head or neck, this could indeed be due to primary headache such as migraine headaches. Some migraine headaches are associated with eye or ear symptoms also. Ice pack, prescription medication and avoidance of possible triggers may help. If it persists, you may need to have this evaluated further for proper management.  also agree that you may want to have a CT scan done to rule out  any underlying condition. Take care and do keep us posted.