headache from cold weather
Lately when I go outside in the cold (I live in WI) I get an instant headache and it hurts worse and worse the longer I'm outside.  I just want to know what causes this and is there a way to prevent it, other than living indoors all winter.

thanks for reading this and any answers you may have.

Literature shows varying conclusions regarding migraine onset and weather conditions.There are some isolated cases wherein weather seems to be a primary trigger for the migraine.Yet the numbers are not very encouraging to come up with a definite association.

You may discuss your concern with your physician.Certain medications like migraine specific drugs may be able to help deter the headaches.Your physician may help you with these since most of these medications may have side effects. A thorough medical history may be able to rule out other contributing factors like stress for instance.

I hope this helps.Good Luck!