Migraines & Headaches Community
headache/nerve pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headache/nerve pain

Hello.  I'm Erica, and I'm 28.  I've been getting headaches quite often almost everyday now.  I get them all the time during and after school, and randomly throughout the day.  I get it after reading, or being on the computer.  I get it in the morning when I first wake up.  My headaches are usually sensitive to light and sounds.

However recently my headache has now turned into what seems like a nerve?  The lower back of my head just before my neck (the very rim of my skull) hurts.  It doesn't always hurt when you do the same move.  It hurts when I yawn, sniffle, talk, or etc... but it's not a regular pain, it's a very sharp pain like when you've erked your back.  I  had it for 6 hrs yesterday, and went to bed hoping it would go away.  But I woke up with the same sharp pain.

Is this something that I can heal myself with over the counter stuff, or do I need to see a doctor?  What is it exactly? Is it still a headache or something else?
It looks like you are suffering from migraine .

A migraine is also often accompanied by other signs and symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine pain can be excruciating and may incapacitate you for hours or even days.
OTC pain killers like Paracetamol or Imol plus will help.

There is a possibilty you are suffering from migraine. Also i feel you are under stress, please do some neck exercises and try to relax. you can try OTC pain killers.
Stress to body can be a cause for your pain,are you facing board exams or studying overnight. OTC pills can be of help temporarily so go and consult both ENT and Ophtholmologist for better cure.
Thank you for your responses, but I don't think it's a migraine.  I feel like it's more of a nerve pinch.  I'm not sure.  My head doesn't hurt like normal headaches, and I've been getting headaches quite often. But currently there isn't any headache pains, just a really sharp pain in the back of my head.  I'll be fine one moment and then I'll move or do something with my head and I'll all of the sudden get this really sharp pain in the back of my head.  Is this how a brain tumor starts?
Hey,

Its not cause of brain tumor.Its migraine no doubt on it since i am also suffering from the same go and consult a doctor as soon as possible.Becuase later it may become more and offcourse stop thinking becuase it causes you more pain.Just relax and keep cool....
If your not able to take the pain then have imol plus and sleep for an 1 hour you will feel better.
Hello, Erica.

Looks like u're experienced here. I have myopia and I am -5. Well I had three spasms like a flash in front of my eyes and then light sensitivity plus pain in the lower back side of my head, behind my right ear. That, as i said, happened three times month and a half ago. A week ago i started to feel just the headache on the same spot behind my ear and light sensitivity, usually after computer job or reading. i feel the place like it is tighten and painful. I feel it almost through the whole day, usually gets off in the evening and I feel very incapacited.
Been to three ophtamologysts during the spasms