Migraines & Headaches Community
headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headache

i have had a headache on my right side of my head and it hurts to touch it what kind of headache is this and what causes this to happen ?
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? One-sided headaches are usually associated with primary headaches like migraine. Migraine presents with throbbing headaches and sometimes with nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound. This responds to rest, ice pack, and both preventive and abortive medications. Avoiding the triggers may also help prevent recurrences. A headache journal and the headache tracker in this forum may help. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and regards.