Migraines & Headaches Community
headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headache

i have had a severe headache for over 5 days already, in the night when i lay in bed, my head starts to hurt really bad and it gets very hot and i start sweating. i am very nauseaous and loss of appetiate. I am very scared of what this could be.
I have drank ibuprofen and excedrin and it goes away for a few hours then it comes back.
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Was there any history of trauma to your head or neck?  This could be due to primary headaches such as tension or migraine headaches. This usually respond to pain medications. However, if it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Both acute and preventive medications may also help. Imaging studies will help rule out organic issues as well. Take care and do keep us posted.