Migraines & Headaches Community
headaches, dizziness, eyes sensitive to light

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

im a 14 year old girl and i have been suffering from long headaches and dizziness for nearly a year and its gradually getting worse. also lately whenever i see a bright(ish) light it really hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. also i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i have very 'clicky' joints and they are starting to hurt when i move in some ways, also becoming very stiff and sometimes get stuck there. please help if you can, Thanks
I think it's reasonable to get your parents to take you to a doctor and get a referral to see a neurologist.  This sounds like anything from a type of migraine disorder to MS.  I would actually be more concerned with the latter.  The first thing a neurologist will do is conduct an EEG test.  This was done with me even for a migraine disorder.  There are other tests that should be done that I'm less familiar with which readings will determine for sure what the problem is, but I'm certain that an MRI needs to be done.  Others here will know more.  This sounds like something more than migraines.