headaches 3 weeks after radiofrequency ablation
Hi, I'm new to this site. I have learned a lot here but have many questions about headaches. I've had very bad headaches for over a year weekly almost everyday. I think i've tried every med out there and Im now on topamax 3x daily. I tried nerve blocks 3 in 3 months, until the doctor told me that my head couldn't handle anymore steroids. As well as triger point injetions. Again I can't have anymore of those for 6 more months because I've done about 4 in 5 months. Now I just did the radiofrequency ablation 3 weeks ago,, I thought for 2 weeks they were gone. I felt amazing! But over the past week they have come back.. I don't know what my options are now? The doc basically said there's nothing else I could do before I had the ablation. I'm afraid to go back to the doctor. I haven't told my husband or my friends that they are back because everyone was so excited that they had "fixed" me. I dont want to complain. I guess I don't know what to do.  Thank you..  Alonna17

How are you?
You have pretty much tried everything possible. However you can explore the option of biofeedback therapy, which has benefited patients with migraine. Magnesium supplements have also helped in preventing recurrent attacks of migraine.
Also I would advise you to slowly wean yourself off all the pain medications if you are taking too many. This has to be done under medical supervision. Taking too many pain medications over prolonged periods of time can cause rebound headaches. Also please continue with your exercise routine and acupuncture.
Take care!
hello.. I'm so sorry to hear that you have such horrible headaches. Before you give up trying, please see a dentist to see if you could have TMJ. I have it and it has given me some of the most terrible headaches ever. Be sure to get a good dentist who knows how to treat it. Good luck!!