Migraines & Headaches Community
headaches all the time

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headaches all the time

I have headaches all the time.  Sometimes they are very small and sometimes they get worse, but something always seems to be there.  I have had headaches for years, been to all different doctors, been on all types of medication.  I even tried accupuncture and botox for headaches and nothing is working.  I am getting ready to switch doctors.  Does anyone have any suggestions or can recommend and good doctors that specialize in headaches in the metro Detroit area.
Please help!!!!!
Tags: Headaches
I think I've had the top of the line physicians.  Yes, I can give you the names of two neurologists that have been greatly helpful to me at the University of Michigan, but you may have a difficult time getting to see them.  So below I've listed the treatments they have given me which have helped me the most that you could ask for from another neurologist.

One is Dr. Hsinlin Cheng who is at the U.M. pain clinic.  I needed to get a referral letter from my doctor that the clinic takes weeks to review before deciding whether they will agree to schedule an appointment.  Then it took 4 months to get an appt. with him.  It could take even longer now.

Also, are you getting enough Botox to help you?  I got no relief from 100 units, until the doctor raised it to 200 units.  If you're not getting relief, try to get a larger dose.  The doctor who gave me the Botox is Dr. Wayne Cornblath.

What has worked for me are about 20 nerve block injections from Dr. Cheng.  Also he prescribed a skin gel that helps my milder headaches to prevent them from getting worse.  And it doesn't go into the blood stream, so it doesn't cause rebound headaches.  You do need a prescription for it and you need to find a pharmacy that can compound the meds in it.  If you are interested in this and want the ingredients plus the pharmacy, post below for me to give it to you.  And that way I get some feedback from you.

After trying many prophylactic meds which help others, nothing worked or I had bad side effects until I got on Petadolex--an herbal medication which did help some.  You can look it up on-line.

What has helped me tremendously is a Butrans patch which gives you a very low dose of opiates 24/7.

As you can tell I've had especially difficult migraines 24/7 from a major stroke years ago,  Even one of my suggestions could take care of your headaches.

I would really appreciate hearing back from you.  Good luck.
I would like to know more about the skin gel that you have compounded.
Feel free to PM me if you do not want to post the info.

I am in a research stage, gathering info right now. It is time to shake things up with my own treatment and Butrans is one of the things that we are talking about.

Horselip
I answered you separately because I prefer to get some feedback.  If for any reason you didn't receive it, let me know.  Plus I sent you some other information.

Good luck to you!

Sara

Thank you sara12345,
I will look into Dr. Cheng.  I did have botox and nothing really happened.  When my dr. gave it to me in the back of my neck he actually gave me too much which caused my neck to weaken.  It has wore out, thank goodness.  I have been doing some much research of doctors and things that it could possibly be.  I even read that my jaw could be out of alignment.  But once again I thank you, any feedback is great.
So sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the Botox.  I heard of such a thing and refused to get them for quite awhile.  Then I heard about Dr. Wayne Cornblath who has many years of giving the Botox injections and has never had that happen to any of his patients.  So if you get more desperate, you could try him and get a larger dose that may help you.

In my case, my neck and shoulder areas are tight which exacerbates the migraines, although not the sole cause of them.  That's why the nerve block injections and the Botox injections are helpful. Do your neck and shoulder area tight?

And the nerve block injections are not nearly as painful as the Botox injections.  Still hurt some above the eyes, but not nearly as much as the migraines :)

Hope that something will work for you.