Migraines & Headaches Community
headaches and hallucinations..

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headaches and hallucinations..

ive been having headaches for about a week now, its usually fairly mild and constant but randomly gets worse.. one night i not only had the electronics in my room turned off but i had to unplug them, the headache started up the back of my head and spread so that my entire head was hurting..
the next night i had about 5 minutes of throbbing pain in the right side of my head and today i had a really bad one in the afternoon where i went to have a nap and the pain kept waking me up..
on top of all this fun stuff i have been seeing things.. lights, weird black shapes.. yesterday i moved out of the way of a kid who wasnt really there and today i watched water drip from an object which didnt actually have any water on it..
any ideas or comments? anyone?
I have no idea what's going on, but I recommend that you see a doc ASAP. Hallucinations of the severity you describe are NOT good, and need to be addressed. There's any number of things that could be going wrong, and not many of them are good to ignore.

See your doc as soon as possible. When you call the make the appointment, tell them that you're hallucinating, and that it's getting worse. Most likely they'll get you in sooner rather than later.

Good luck and keep us posted!

~Dame
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Was there any trauma to your head or neck? One sided throbbing headaches highly suggest migraine headaches which are often associated with nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound. Rest, ice pack and pain medications may help provide relief. However, if your symptoms including your hallucinations persists, have this checked by your doctor for proper management. Your complete medical history and physical examination will help. Take care and do keep us posted.
the doctor said it was a tension/migraine headache and gave me a shot of painkiller... which did nothing... so im going to the emerge tomorrow to be put on an iv drip with pain killer to see if that helps since the more painful headaches are lasting longer now..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Were there diagnostic tests done? Migraine headaches may be managed with abortive and preventive medications and avoiding the possible triggers of your headache. There is a headache tracker here in Medhelp that may help you identify the triggers responsible for your migraine. Avoidance of stress, if possible is also recommended. Stress management may help.  If the pain medication do not work, inform your doctor so that stronger prescription medications may be given. Take care and do keep us posted.
no no tests were done just asked me a few questions, checked my blood pressure and tapped on my face to check my sinuses..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to go to the emergency room for the pain killer? If the headache is more painful and no tests were done, you may need to have imaging tests like CT scan to rule out any brain pathology. Abortive and preventive medications may also be indicated. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care always.