Migraines & Headaches Community
headaches and migraines please help

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headaches and migraines please help

I have been suffering from headaches and migraines for almost a month now i have taken ibprophin 800mg i have drank sodas tea and ate stuff with caffine and nothing is working can anyone tell me whats up and any info on what i can take.
I would talk to your Dr. if you don't have a diagnosis. There are all sorts off different types of headaches like tension, migraine, and so on. sometimes caffiene will help me too but other times it wont no matter what I take.... I all depends on your body.
Are they constant? Do they rouse you from sleep? Do you have any other symptoms that you've noticed?
If this type of headache is new for you, you should get a brain scan.  Also, with prolonged pain like that, coupled with ibuprofen and caffeine- check your blood pressure.  Having high blood pressure unchecked can put you at risk for stroke.  Also, rebound headache from the steps you've been taking could be an issue.  You really do need to get with a well-qualified neurologist.
i have a doc appointment next friday i will talk to her about it when i go in there thanks everyone.
I know that it sounds counter-intuitive, but you should probably try stopping taking the ibuprofen and caffeine and see if that helps any. I know (from experience) that it's really hard to give up pain killers, but even OTC painkillers such as ibuprofen can make the pain WORSE if you take it too often. It's called getting a rebound, and can cause a nasty cycle.

Other than that, good luck with your doc appointment next Friday. Let us know what happens,

~Dame
Avatar_dr_f_tn
With migraines, it is important that you identify the triggers. Caffeine sometimes an be a trigger and you may need to watch your intake. As the others mentioned, too much ibuprofen can lead to rebound headaches and may cause harm to your liver.  There is a migraine tracker here in Medhelp that may help. Take care and do keep us posted with your appointment. Warm regards.