Migraines & Headaches Community
headaches for one month

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headaches for one month

I have been having headaches for several weeks straight now. Some tmes severe, sometimes with some sharp stabbig pain in the left side of head. I have had two MRI tests that show possible ischenic episodes with "white foci in the frontal lobe". My family dr thinks possible mini strokes, but I can't get in with a neurologist for three more weeks. I have tried Neurontin, Percocet, Tramadol, Ibuprophen with no releif.  I just got a new script for Fiorinol and not tried it yet. This is becomming a problem for my work. I have to look at computer screen all day and this makes it worse and I get very lightheaded and scared to drive. I have been going through this for 4 weeks now and in and out of the hospital with no real answers. They  alos  say I have some disc problems in my neck and sleep apnea. Some slight left jaw pain. Is this from the eyes, the neck, TMJ, strokes, I am at a loss and need some answers. Also going through menopause, could this contribute? Please help.Also, these headaches seem to ease when I lie down at night, but as soon as I get up and around, I get the pain and lightheadedness.
Hello Dear,
You probably have hemiplegic migraine where , the symptoms are indicative of vascular disease and can be thought to be stroke.There are neurological signs of numbness and associated weakness with hemiplegic migraine. Degenerative spine changes can also cause headache ,MRI scan should be done to rule out spondylosis.
You should consult your physician and monitor your blood pressure levels

Reduce stress
- Practice Aerobic exercises
- Develop a regular sleep pattern also massage will help you.Meditation will help decrease pain and increase concentration and self confidence.

.Refer http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11432020
Best

There may be many factors at work here. The headache that you are experiencing could be a result of nerve compression especially when you say it is sharp and stabbing, also TMJ and eye strain can add to this headache.
The white foci in the brain could be due to small silent strokes. Menopause can cause dizziness, lightheadedness and fatigue.
It is good that you will be consulting a neurologist soon. Do keep us posted.