Migraines & Headaches Community
headaches high blood pressure and eye pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

What would cause my blood pressure to be high (190 over120) in the morning along with severe headaches and eye pain but as the day progresses the headache goes away and by noon my blood pressure is back to normal (120 over 70)
Are you sleeping well?  Do you wake up during the night?  You could be having nightmares/anxiety attacks that cause your BP to go up.  That was the case with me, and I had a brain hemorrhage from it.  My doctors couldn't imagine why I had a hemorrhage because I was on BP medicine and my BP was always fine in their office.  They had no answers, but a new family doctor tried me on different sleep medicines until I found one that lets me sleep soundly for eight hours and my BP is under control at night.  

The neurologist said I was very lucky to survive my brain hemorrhage and have no residual effects.  You need to get your blood pressure under control.  At those numbers, it is only a matter of time before a blood vessel bursts.
Glad you are now sleeping well and BP control.
I currently wake up with severe headache/eye pain every night and have done so for the past two months. The pain gradually diminishes during the day but has been so bad in the mornings that I have been taken to A & E hospital units but have received no real help in diagnosis. My BP average has been 175/104 but has peaked at over 200 (systolic). I am currently being advised (privately) by a general medical consultant that it is abdominal colic (due to a chronic hiatus hernia) which causes the problem but he is also checking drug interaction (I am receiving med for BP, atrial fibrillation and am also on warfarin following a pulmonary embolism). I have been advised by A & E medical staff to seek ENT advice while my GP has referred me to a neurologist -  This process would take months and I am reluctant to pursue further  private consultations as I have no insurance cover. I can function reasonably well during the day but the nights and mornings are often agonizing and I am often desperately tired in the evenings. How long did it take you to see a neurologist before you actually suffered the hemorrhage ?  (IG17)

How are you?
High BP in the mornings is generally seen in people who take alcohol regularly. Also people with sleep apnea have high BP in the mornings.
Do you snore or wake up frequently during the night?
A single high reading is not a cause for concern but persistently elevated BP in the mornings calls for a clinical evaluation.
Do keep us posted!