Migraines & Headaches Community
headaches on left side only

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headaches on left side only

Hello everyone. I have been dealing with pain in the same area of the left side of my head for over 2 months now. It varies from sharp, quick pains that come and go, to an ache with slight heat. I am a 28 year old, healthy wife and mother, and I have have headaches before, but nothing like this. I have not seen my MD yet, only because I feel that I will just be told that it is stress related. It has me worried, as last year a friend of mine had headahces, then got told she had a brain tumor, then 6 months later she was dead. Not saying that will be me...but I am worried. Does anyone else have these sharp pains, dulliness, heaviness inthe eye, sometimes left eye twitch, on the LEFT side only?
Should I be so worried??
Thanks in advance!
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I feel that you are highly anxious about this.I just have a few questions:

When did this start?

For how long have you had these headaches?

Are there any triggering factors like lights or noise?

A consult with your physician is still necessary so that a baseline physical examination may be done. Migraine without aura may present as a unilateral ( one sided ) headache that is throbbing in character.It is aggravated by bright light and noise .It may be associated with nausea or vomiting. Do you have any of the associated symptoms?

Migraines are only given as diagnosis when the headache is not attributable to another disorder.There seems to be no cause of worry here. I know that you are anxious and worried because of what happened to your friend. Worrying will not help you at this point.

Get that consult and do keep us posted regarding your physician's advice.

I am a 36 year old mother of two.  have had pain on the left side for a year and a half. I did the usual prescription check, spent $450 on back specialists and have only just had a ct scan done. They also  found a brain tumor. Very rare colloid cyst.

I am ver sorry to hear about the diagnosis.

What has your doctor advised and how has the further management been planned?

Were you having any other symptoms apart from the pain?

Regards.
Am only 17 and I have been expireancing throbbing headaches on the left side of my head. They come and go but they are sharp and hurt a lot. I read previous comments and am scared that I might have something that can be really bad,
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Throbbing headaches in one side of the head highly suggests migraine headaches. Nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound may also be present. If this is the case, try not to worry.  This usually responds to rest, ice packs and prescription medications. Check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and regards.
hi im 34 years old male, with a history of brain injuries due to an accident some 15 years ago. recently, ithink about 1 year n half to date, i have this annoying yet unberrable headache. it comes for about one week and it goes off for about a month. then it comes back again with the same pattern and it hurts so much. The pain is random, it can be on my left side or right side of my head. and sometimes it covers the whole area of my head and folowed by nausea. ive already done my blood check. the results is normal. my question is, is it because of my head injuries? its hard for me to believe because it was long time ago and i had no problem or such till recently. need your advice on this. thank you