Migraines & Headaches Community
headaches?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

headaches?

Since I was 10 I am now 52...I had constantly gotten migraines. Lately they have become severe. Too the point aht the pain is too much and feel like I am ready to explode.   I am alittle concern becasue of it.  When I was young...my grandmother died of an auerism and I always wondered if this was herietary? But, I am sure its not.  

Should I be concern and should I inform my doctor?  All I have been doing is taking execderin for migraines ...nothing else or just chill in a close off dark room.

Hi...to be on the safe side when u have family history it is always best to see a Dr and have testing done....stress over not knowing may be playing a large role in this too....so , get the info and put ur mind to rest and stop wondering as that will cause u to feel worse in the long run....and even if it is the same thing, caught early enuff there may be treatment that will help u feel much better then u do now.,...

See ur Dr.
you really need to go to ur dr and try and get a cat scan iam 45 and i have had migraines since i was 4 so 41 years of headaches everyday not on and of everyday of my life, it would drive u crazy the pain my temple goes mad with the pain i got a cat scan said i had a mucus retention cycst didnt do anything , my sister 47 she cried out for years with pains in her head the dr kept saying it was a mirgraine, or sinus or a virus in her head the doctors neglected her big time she never got a scan she cried out for help and never got it , she died 2 years ago , with a brain tumor and do you want to no something the dr came out to see my sister on a thurs and was so ingorant told her to get up out of bed and take the dog for a walk , she couldnt even lift her head of the pillow never mind take the dog for a walk that was a thurs and my sister died on a sunday some dr,s dont care .
I'm not sure why you are sure that aneurysms are not heriditary.  A quick search on-line told me that they are.  That in itself doesn't mean that you have an aneurysm.

But you should see a doctor immediately.  If your headaches have suddenly gotten so terrible that you feel that you will explode, it is urgent to get it diagnosed.  

I had severe migraines periodically for at least 25 years, but then they got terrible in a different way and pain medicine didn't help.  Several weeks later I suffered a full major carotid artery dissection stroke.  The neurologists said that the migraines were the start of it.  I am since quite disabled from it.  Or it could be some other serious condition.  You need to find out to at least to put your mind at rest.  Probably it will NOT be one of those things I just mentioned, but you owe it to yourself to get it checked out.  Do it right away.  And let us know what you find out.  Wish you the best.

I am sorry to hear that you have had headaches every day.  Is the mucous retention cyst supposed to be the cause?  I would be interested in what treatments you have tried.  There are a lot of different ways to help your migraines.
i go to the chronic pain unit every 6 months and get steriod injections in my neck and the top of my shoulders , and into the back of my head, plus i get a stellette gallon block injection in to the bone in my throat, 14 years i have been going , and its every 6months this is my 28 injections , iam on co/codamol 30/500 maxalt wafer to reduce the swollen blood vessels i get c.t scans and mri scans cause the pains is even stronger than migraines cause its different pain and i should no as iam 45 and have had migraines since i was 4 but its different pain now .
its probably because I was told that it wasn't..but I will have it checked..thank you!
I am....I will have it checked
It sounds like you are getting very extensive good treatment.  You sound a bit similar to my treatments for my migraines--25 Botox injections every 10 weeks, 15 nerve block and trigger point injections every 4 weeks, wear a 24/7 opiate patch, take other meds as well.  Also use PT every day.  Plus I get MRI/MRAs every 2 years to check the size of my brain aneurysm.  Not the same, but it reminded me of all my injections which are not nearly enough to control my 24/7 pain caused by a major stroke.  Glad that you are being treated far better than your what your sister experienced.