Migraines & Headaches Community
headhurts when I stand up
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

headhurts when I stand up

Okay I have been having some trouble since my miscarriage a few months ago.  I have been diagnoised with Polycystic ovarian syndrome and also border line anemia.  I have been having what I call a "hormonal headache"  I have low progestrone.  This headache hurts about the same time of day about 45 mins after I get done working out. Then it continues on and off the rest of the day.  Nothing seems to help it.  However it seems to hurt much worse when I first stand up...and eases up a little when i start walking or sit back down.  Any ideas???  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It is quite possibly a vascular headache - have a doctor check your blood pressure, as this is a potential sign of hypertension.  
Blank

hi,

Hormonal headaches may be triggered by hormonal changes in the body. Most usually occurring as women begin their periods each month, hormonal changes also occur as young girls reach puberty, as women become pregnant, and as older women reach menopause.

Taking oral contraceptives (birth control pills) may also cause hormonal headaches for some women – especially when the pills are first started.

You may start headache medication about 2 days before the period starts and continue taking the headache medication until the period has ended.

Commonly effective headache medications include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn).

Also can rule out hypertension by getting your Blood pressure checked as Hypertension is associated with Polycyctic ovarian disease.

Try to incorporate mild exercise like brisk walking which helps in PCOD and problems associated with it
Blank
I agree with Soror it could be a vascular headache (migraine) which can affects other areas besides the head.I have migraines and when I have a bunch together my BP is usually elavated
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...